Monday 16 June 2014

Fruit and strawberry crunch madness

Hi All,

I have got my backside into action, recently. Been exercising, eating fruit similar to quantities I can only imagine a Fruit Bat eats or a Fruitarian. Why? Who knows why, but best to go with the flow and ride this one out. No doubt the chocolate is lurking around the corner ready to squish my banana into oblivion at any moment.

So today, I got up before work, and hung a washing out (see below, please ignore the moss and weeds on paving stones, we are waiting for ONE weekend without rain to then clean and jet wash the paving stones). High five for housework. I will be a good wife. I will.


I packed up some travel toiletries (see the ones I was gifted by a friend) and ran into work, where I took a lovely long HOT and FREE shower courtesy of my work.


I ate an out-of-date fruit salad – why would you let an M&S fruit salad go out of date? ESPECIALLY when it cost an eye watering £2.25? Because I thought it was best before 16th NOT 14th, but some bad fruit is hardly going to harm me…is it? IS IT?!?! No, I didn’t think so either.



Due to aforementioned health kick, I purchased a large quantity of fruit and veg for work. Lunch was some leftover frittata (veg sausage, broccoli & potato) on a salad with Thousand Island dressing.



Tesco spend today: £9.78. On fruit and veg. No wonder we have an obesity epidemic going on. A six pack of crisps costs £1. Anyway…what is REALLY annoying is I paid 75p on a strawberry crunch bar as my treat and I LEFT IT AT THE CHECKOUT. I might as well have thrown 75p away…or bought a 6 pack of crisps….


The cheap-ass in me could not let this go. My money is precious these days, if it is not going on a conscious purchase it should be going to charity. So I nipped back in and explained to someone at customer services. They then got a manager who then had to ask the staff if anyone had cleared anything away from the self-service desk (thank goodness it was a small Tesco). But hooray for the happy ending, a girl confirmed to the manager that she had cleared my strawberry crunch bar away and put it back on the shelf. So, I showed my receipt (confirming I had actually paid for it) and was allowed to take said strawberry crunch bar away. We then all skipped off into the sunset and lived happily ever after. The End.

Tah Dah:


And lastly, dinner. Half a pizza with Mr Mars and some left over spag bol and pasta from yesterday whilst watching Gangster Squad on DVD, YUM:


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment