Tuesday 8 July 2014

Baby Shower Fun!

I had much fun at a baby shower on Saturday!
 
Apologies, my Sunday was filled up with marathon training and DIY, and then I was back to work yesterday, so I am only just posting the pictures of this.
 
The girls who organised it did very well, although they must have spent a small fortune! Buffet, cake, soft drinks, decorations and unlimited prosecco. Glad it was not me :o)
 
What a great day! A great crowd of girls with some right old characters! There was one lady who kept telling everyone about her vagina. Yes, that is right, I said vagina. I'm not a prude by any means, so this did not bother me, but I do think there is a time and a place for these kind of discussions; whilst I am eating my pink and blue cake at a baby shower, ain't it! Got to love the characters, though, they keep everything interesting!

They decorated the place with bunting and cute balloons...
 




 
They got the mum-to-be an AMAZING cake....

 
When you cut inside it was pink AND blue sponge (as she does not know what she is having).
 
 
Prosecco was on tap, along with a brilliant and superbly thought out buffet (all dietry requirements were considered)...so being veggie I had LOTS of options. YUM. Bravo ladies.
 
Then when everyone was leaving we were giving a little favour from the stack below....
 



Inside the favours...
 
 
Jelly babies and a baby powder candle! How cute!
 
Saturday was topped off by Mr Mars and I cashing in a wedding voucher at Arisaig Restaurant in Merchant Square, Glasgow. Fabulous Scottish Food - just amazing! The Crannachan Ice-cream at the end was my favourite. Nothing like some good food and wine to top off an already great day!
 
Total cost of day out - £5 tip at restaurant! Does not get much better than that!
 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed by your frugal skills! That shower looks like it was a lot of fun and very well thought out. I especially like the favours.

    ReplyDelete