Thursday 5 June 2014

DIY Wedding present glass painting

This is DIY attempts from a couple of months ago - I was so darn proud of these there was no way they were going to waste.

These were gifts for my wedding.

I had purchased some personalised glasses as a gift before and they cost an eye watering £55. This was in what will be known as the "crazy debt days", therefore with my new minimal budget, I was trying to do it for A LOT cheaper this time.

I had googled a lot of videos on this and unfortunately I did not use any one video - my attempt below is a combination of stolen ideas from other talented people and from glasses I have previously purchased. I am a fraud.

Take a champange glass and some glass paint or glass liner paint. I purchased my glass paint from Artifolk.

Anyway, take your plain, unpainted glass...



Sorry about the poor pictures, I clearly need a better camera and some lessons in photography.

I then painted some white "blossom" flowers - I THINK that is what they are called?

I tried to put it against a black background (my couch) to make it better, but, erm, not so much...


Then I added the other colours - grey and burgundy (made by mixing red and black glass paint). We are full of brightness and colour in this household.



Then I added the "tags" i.e the labels/names at the bottom:



Finally, I added the grey to the blossom flowers.



I purchased some lovely personalised Funky Pigeon cards to go with them, I got £1 If I paid with paypal. More expensive than the cards I would normally purchase - but it was a special occasion!

I did some other sets for friends 30th, 40th and a friends engagement and I did them in white, baby pink and baby green. I'll show them in a separate post!

I actually decided this year (2014) that I was not doing birthday presents! As I was spending a fortune on gifts (that I could not afford) and the time and pressure was too much. Call me a drama queen but I literally spent every single month buying something for someone. It was getting far too much! And I do not handle pressure well. In my family, pressure comes with the gifts.

But these LUCKY friends got gifts, I did not mind doing them and they were cheaper than the £55 glasses and I do not expect anything in return!

Mrs Mars
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment