Tuesday 24 June 2014

Cancelled lunch, a Lush purchase and a BAD surprise

I'm still oh so tired. I'll try and be up beat.

I was going to bring in lunch today. But a friend said they were going to treat me to lunch (I paid last time). I pondered over taking something in case they cancelled but then thought "it would be a waste".

Obviously I subconsciously knew my friend better than I think, as he cancelled on me this morning. Completely understandable, I ain't perfect, but this left me without lunch. And having to buy lunch. Grrrr when I could have flipping brought it in for free. I've been buying a lot of food recently (one breakfast, lunch and a dinner = a lot for a debt free wannabe). So am keen to avoid this when I can.

So I decided to take this opportunity of a free lunch hour and having to go out AGAIN to buy lunch AND to change my name on some of my accounts and get myself organised. Something I have been keen to address in my continuing attempt at being organised. I already had my marriage licence on me so decided to nip round the banks and get my details updated. I have about 5 different names AND addresses. Things like this do not help someone who already resides in the land of chaos.

Cashier: Can you confirm you address please?
Me: Can you give me a clue - what county have you got...?
Cashier: This is not who wants to be a Millionaire.

I also nipped into Lush (oops). I have ran out of Dry Shampoo so purchased this Lush one that I had heard wonders about. Does not help that I am already a lush addict, any excuse really. £3.25. Smells of lemon and grapefruit. Lush.




I rarely buy toiletries (partly because I am trying to clear out approximately 1,127,584 that live in my house and also because I got so many for free recently). But I use dry shampoo a lot. I love it. I have a mane that resembles a baby horse - I need all the help I can get keeping it under control.

All in all a productive lunch hour. Good purchase made. And some organisation sorted out. I feel clean and not just from the dry shampoo...

THEN, when you are skipping along feeling clean and organised. BAM.

You get back to work to be hauled into a meeting and told of 7 redudancies that have been made. Imagine, me, colour draining from my face, as I look down at my STUPID lunch time purchase. When I could have been skipping back to the office without a job.

I feel sick. I don't really feel this week is going to plan so I intend to get through it in a blur of red wine and lattes.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Lush is AMAZING, I love that store. :-)

    The fact you're cross about buying lunch proves that you're a long way down your DFW journey. The old you wouldn't have thought twice. Keep putting one foot in front of the other - you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete