Wednesday 11 June 2014

DIY Decopatch Box - passable fail?

This is not one of my better DIY projects. But I like to think I represent the "real" people who attempt DIY and not like these people where everything turns out amazing. All. The. Time. I hate those people... ... ... I'm totally not jealous. I'm not.

I had a small Blue nose bear gift box that I had been gifted. It was sturdy little box, but I'm out of that blue nose bear phase of my life (thankfully) so wanted to turn it into something I could put to use around the house...

Here is the finished product on top. Okay, from a distance and with some good filtering it does not look TOO bad, but the flaws are not clear in this picture (glue bubbles from FAR too much glue, missing gaps where I, well, missed bits). I THINK it is definitely a passable attempt! Common...it is.


Here is all my bits and bobs together. The pink sheet is where I cut the hearts from - let me re-phrase that - where I TRIED to cut the hearts from.

 
Cut up my gold sheet - to try and get the patchwork look. I got that all right...


Glued it on. Put glue on first then glue on top. Not error here - FAR TOO MUCH GLUE. Save your DIY - do not make this mistake.


Crap sponge brushes. Save you bank account - do not make this mistake, just use a regular brush.



And that is about it for this fail.
 
I do love it, though. Much like a mother loves her child's arts and crafts attempts. I Imagine this is similar to how I feel.
 
So It will be getting kept and put on display like the proud mother I am.
 
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment