Tuesday 29 July 2014

Wedding Thank You Cards - Snippet 1 - The Envelopes

Only 4 months late...cos that's how I roll.

So I started our wedding thank you cards… this is getting posted about in 3 stages. I will do one all-inclusive post and pop it onto my DIY tab, but for now, time is a luxury I do not have, so I can only do some snippets. Some people would say forget sending the cards, but I really do like a thank you card. I just think it is nice.

We wanted to do our thank you cards a lot cheaper than the invites (as I ain't made of money) BUT I also think that thank you cards are peoples lasting impression of the wedding (or maybe it is just the crazy people in my head who think that) so I don’t want some cheap ass cards getting chucked out the door when we spent the equivalent of a house deposit on our wedding day (judge away - I don’t care).

So I went to a print shop (this one in Glasgow) and just got a nice, non-cheesy, no kissing, picture of us printed in black and white onto card and cut to postcard size (A6). I then ordered some Bordeaux envelopes (C6) from EBay (there are about 100 sellers and I cannot remember which one).

I then used the embossing stamp that we got MADE for our invites (Eve at WEDLOCO helped us do this). I love that we found a design and made it into a stamp. I feel like it became our wedding trade mark, along with our wax seal....more on that later.
 
Because I am 4 months late with them I also wrote a handwritten “Sorry it’s late…” on the bottom corner with an embossing pen, just to acknowledge that I know I am late and I’m sorry. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I AM SORRY.

A snippet (as I said I will do an all-inclusive post later):

For our labels we purchased some nice CLEAR labels from WH Smith (I'm sure you can get them cheaper but I'm Mrs Unorganised, remember?). With some Rennie Mackintosh font they will look BRILLIANT on the envelopes.

We kept a note of what everyone got us, so I will write personalised message on the back of the postcards – as I also think that is nice. A personalised touch goes a long way in my book (see my personalised wedding glasses HERE). I'm quite self absorbed so that might be why I love items with my personal touch brandished all over them...

A lot of people gave us cash as they knew we were moving abroad so it will be nice to say thanks for the cash, as we are now ACTUALLY moving abroad and are going to put it to good use! You think I could spin that as they reason I left it 4 months to do my thank you cards?!?!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment