Monday 4 August 2014

Sunday Summary

Here is a summary of my Sunday!
 
Catching the Commonwealth fever I became slightly obsessed – after staring off with nothing I have now been to a fair few events. The finale being the Road cycling on Sunday morning. Up we got at 8am (after my sister called me at 8am telling me she was en route to my house with a present – I’ll detail in another post with pictures). Mr Mars and I then had some fresh roasted coffee and toast and fresh farm eggs (another present from sister) before walking into Glasgow City Centre.
 
Off they went:
 


Very much the same for a few laps but I did read that a storm was forecast and the weather did not disappoint… torrential rain ensued… we took refuge in a pub and watched on the TV until they were due to pass then popped outside!
 
The winner passing near the end, below. To give you a grasp of how fantastic a win for Wales this was and how horrific the conditions were, something like 139 started and only 12, yes 12, finished. WELL DONE to anyone who even finished!!!

 
After the race Mr Mars and I went a wee shop to the Nike store to the vegan restaurant Stereo, Mr Mars is not a Veggie, but he almost eats Veggie now because of me! Mwhahaha. He really only eats fish now, so he is almost a pescitarian! He and his friends really like Stereo (non of them are Veggie) because it is known for its music and very good food!


We both ordered off the specials board - the BBQ Ranch chickpea and mushroom burger with rashers – ohhh my goodness me it was sooo GOOD. Perhaps because I have been watching what I have been eating (she says after ramming two Quality Street chocolates into her mouth) but It went down and absolute treat. Shy of licking them, our plates were cleared. We then walked to Costa for a wee coffee and then walked to the BBC at the Quay to watch the Commonwealth Closing ceremony!
 
Picture of the Ceilidh they had going on before it started:
 
 
A brilliant finale - I don't care what anyone thinks, I really enjoyed it!!! With a sad Auld Lang Syne to finish. Maybe because I am soon to be leaving Scotland or because I am sooooo flipping proud to be Scottish, but I was sad at the end. Sad that it is all over, sad that who knows the when the next time I will see a random Ceilidh, or a fiddler playing Caledonia, or bag pipers just randomly walking down the street or people crossing their arms for Auld Lang Syne. But I was sad...


Here is to Gold Coast 2018! I think Oz will also do the games proud! If I am still living at the other side of the world, I can assure you I will be there!!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment