Wednesday 6 August 2014

Commonwealth Freebies

As Mr Mars is working at the commonwealth games, we got a couple of freebies!

He got the full kit - as picture below, you also get a bag, water bottle and umbrella. I snaffled the bag, bottle and brollie, but I won't lie - I used the bag once and it started to burst so did not seem the best quality or it could be that I rammed it full with my usual junk - I'm going with poor quality ;o). The trousers are really good and Mr Mars is going to keep them! They also got a big jacket and water resistant cagoule thing. I would steal the jacket but it is too big :o(.



They also got some thank you presents (also snaffled by me); a Clyde pin badge, some thistle seeds, a Clyde USB pen, a towel and a limited edition commonwealth games picture (I LOVE).





Then, whilst cheering on the road cycling, I got talking to a lovely girl who knew the Scotland support team and was in the car that follows the riders. We cheered and waved them as they passed in the support car - then she gave me a "Team Scotland" official pin badge - HOW COOL! What a lovely thing for her to do and it obviously made my day!

She was a very funny girl. She had a top on with shorts and no jacket; I asked her if she was not cold and she responded "I'm very very drunk right now". Ha! I was not drunk, therefore I had a large waterproof jacket on, hoodie and jeans and was still cold.

 


So that is it for my freebies so far. Does not help my hoarding issues...but at least I have some cool pin badges!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment